Training Centre for Computer Associates Windsor

Part of the former Lord Montague’s 150 acre parkland site, next to the M4, it was the home of the Montague’s until the late 1800’s when it was acquired by the Royal Compasses Division of the Navy. The site remained in MOD hands until the late 1990’s when Computer Associates purchased the entire site.

Buried in amongst numerous MOD structures was a Georgian mansion.

Blair Associates Architecture Ltd researched the history of the site with English Heritage and piece by piece managed to restore the Georgian mansion to its former glory. Transforming the mansions and gateways to libraries and teaching facilities for the company including a large auditorium/multi functional hall, the addition of a glass structure in the lightwell provided full dining facilities for the occupants. Part of the restoration of the mansion included the moat and island gardens in a strategic plan layout, recreating the Capability Brown landscape in the remaining 150 acres.

The scheme has been highly commended by English Heritage and the Georgian Society.

Created by Cleats&&Code